Summary: Will and I started our professional careers together. He's since become one of my closest friends and confidant over the years. He has over a decade of experience in IT and has become a successful sales executive in the industry.
In this episode, you'll learn about the sales process in IT, building professional relationships, career management, advice on how to prepare for interviews, and much more!
- 02:28 - Enterprise Sales at NetApp
- 04:30 - Will’s Irish roots, educational path, and advice on how to view your education
- 10:30 - Getting his first job out of college
- 15:35 - Interviewing for his first job and advice on interview preparation
- 20:30 - Onboarding and initial training in the corporate world
- 24:15 - Getting into sales and what makes a good sales executive
- 29:00 - Breaking down the sales process (for complex, enterprise sales)
- 35:00 - The importance of building relationships in sales
- 38:00 - Recommendations for learning more about the industry and sales
- 41:00 - Connecting with William Kent and networking in general